Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Doctor Who Birthday cake

and boy did i have a good time! I decided to make my birthday cake this year. But not just any birthday cake.

no sir, this cake represented not only my birthday but also the season premiere of one of my favorite shows -
DOCTOR WHO!
Oh Man OHMANOHMAN

So anyways, I spent the day making what i appreciate but probably deserves to be put on the Cakewrecks blog.

so here it is: 


I know, the Tardis is pretty janky, (im really not very well versed in fondant) but the Daleks are adorable! 
And as a proud accomplishment to myself, i made the fondant from scratch! BAM!
Who wouldnt love something like this?
Well other than the fact it wants to destroy humanity, but thats a minor detail.
I love how this shot came out. 

The Tardis itself was made from two 8in square cakes cut in fourths and stacked to get the right height (about four high) and then an additional fourth of cake was used to make the top part of the tardis.

I am pretty proud of how i created the Daleks. Each Dalek is made up of one Large Muffin cupcake and a mini cupcake. Then they were carved to shape!

So, what will your Birthday Cake look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment